A sucker for beautiful anime and strong character development, Sara brings her love for stories with layered meanings and visual richness into her design work as well. Some people whistle while they work—Sara can’t whistle, so she sings. Luckily, she rarely forgets to mute herself during Zoom work sessions.
- ♢ #heyRGD - 2021 February Challenge Winner
- ♢ Graphis New Talent Annual - 2021 Books, Silver
- ♢ Graphis New Talent Annual - 2021 Packaging, Honourable Mention
- ♢ Salazar Awards - 2020 Honourable Mention, Interactive Design
- ♢ Irving K. Barber One World Scholarship - 2020
- ♢ Irving K. Barber BC Premier’s International Scholarship - 2019
- ♢ RGD Tony Jurgilas Award for Logo Design - 2020 Honourable Mention
- ♢ RGD Student Awards - 2019 & 2020 Finalist
- ♢ RGD Design Thinkers Scholarship - 2019 Honourable Mention
- ♢ GDC Foundation Ray Hyrnkow Scholarship - 2019 Winner
- ♢ ADCC Student Competition, Editorial & Book Design - 2019 Silver
- ♢ Applied Arts Student Awards - 2018 Photography, 2019 Editorial Design
- ♢ Capilano University Achievement Access Award - 2019
- ♢ Dean's List x 6
Craft sparkling water made from indigenous, sustainable ingredients foraged in BC.
Wildewater website, social media, and collateral.
Type Unwrapped, a tradebook about typographers that celebrates the difference between original and modified typefaces on candy bars.
Neume, a display font inspired by Art Nouveau design and neumes—symbols that communicate melodic flow in the earliest Western musical notation system.
CoinHub, a banking app for preteens that helps track spending and teaches financial-management skills.
TypeFriends: Branding and collateral for a type foundry that infuses warmth and personality into typefaces to provide alternatives to sterile and mechanical fonts.
Question the Quo: Digital game played in high schools to enable students to discuss difficult and often controversial issues from different viewpoints.